Sunday, June 5, 2011

stuart scott cancer : Stuart Scott, ESPN Personality, Has Cancerous Tissue Removed

Scott, who joined ESPN in 2003, appeared to be much thinner but in good spirits.ESPN anchor Stuart Scott will undergo chemotherapy treatments after his doctors discovered cancerous tissue, the channel reported Friday.

Scott, who anchors NFL and NBA shows, as well as SportsCenter, will undergo preventative treatments, including chemotherapy, and will miss some on-air time, though he will attempt to maintain a regular schedule.

In a statement issued through ESPN, Scott said, "There are 28 million cancer survivors. You know what that means? We've got a strong army!! Once again, I join the fight and like 3 years ago, I plan to beat this thing. Can't tell you you how much I appreciate everyone's well wishes and support. I'll be back at work soon ... probably sooner than you think. I am blessed to have the invaluable support of a great team of doctors, my loving family, genuine friends and my ESPN family."

Scott underwent an emergency appendectomy in 2007, at which time a malignancy was discovered. Scott had chemotherapy at that time, and it is not known if this current discovery is connected to his previous illness.


No comments:

Post a Comment